Durango in Fall Colors Mountain Bike Tour
2015 Tour Dates
- September 28th – October 2nd
General Tour Details:
- 5 Full Riding Days, 4 Nights Lodging
- Lower elevation singletrack (6-9k feet) in the San Juan Mountains near Durango, CO
- This tour is for high-intermediate to advanced riders with above average fitness and polished technical riding skills
- Base trip: Silverpick Lodge
What’s Included in My Trip?
- Lodging Monday night to Friday morning
- All meals Monday lunch to Friday lunch
- (2) Expert Guides
- All transportation from Monday morning to Friday afternoon – including pickup and drop-off in Durango, CO
- Alcoholic Beverages – we can haul and keep them cold though!
- Lodging and transportation before and after the tour
- Weather Control – Mother Nature has a mind of her own
- Bikes – we can rent you a full-suspension bike for the week
Ride hard and relax...
The singletrack of the Durango in Colors tour will lead you to ask the question, “Does the riding ever end in Durango?” Well yes, it does. Eventually the snow flies, but until it does you just need to keep moving to lower altitudes to keep on riding. We’ve put together a collection of 5 great routes to get you on Durango’s trails when the aspens turn and transform the trail to a bed of golden coins.
The Durango in Colors tour is a little different than the Durango High Country tour. Weather is typically more stable during September and October, so we can start a little later each morning. This gives us a chance to relax as the temps warm for our day’s adventure. Each day of the tour we usher you a world class ride and help you unwind in the cushy comfort of Silverpick Lodge.
Read more about Durango Colorado
MOUNTAIN BIKING TRIPS
- available as custom trip for 5 or more – click here to email
- level: upper-intermediate, advanced
- ages: all (call for under 18)
- group size: varies
"After 9 years of guided mountain bike trips in North America, your Durango trip had the best trails!!!!"David Sawyer, 2008
"'trip Ned' in Durango was stupendous. Lodging, food, choice of trails and individual guidance on bike set-up, techniques and gear were all excellent. Nate inspired me through some killer climbs. Matt's no slouch on the trails, and also performed some dutch oven wizardry in the kitchen. Big Mike’s tour of Hermosa Creek drainage was epic. Thanks guys- I'm getting a gang together and picking a place to join up again in '09!"Tom Kammerer, 2008
"I thoroughly enjoyed my Hermosa Creek Guided tour! My guide, Matt, was professional and personable: offering great cycling conversation, guidance, and food for thought. He took care of everything so all I had to do was just show up and ride! His experience and knowledge of the CO trails made me feel confident and the ride was truly a treasured experience. Most of all, I had the absolute best time and I loved every nanosecond of it! Thank you !"Julie Urlaub, 2008
"The guys on my trip inspired confidence amongst our group every step of the way. Be it on the trail, shuttling to the trailhead, or arranging logistics in advance they kept things running smoothly and seemingly effortlessly. They accommodated us every step of the way and kept it fun and flexible. Of course, the best part was their ability to provide the epic mountain bike experience. We left Durango pleasantly worked over, dusty, and smiling ear-to-ear. Now if they’d only get on the right brand of bike…"Travis Ott, Gary Fisher Bikes, 2008
"Super job you guys do, better than any other tour/group ride I have been on, either in the US or Europe. I especially appreciate the little things that make the stay more pleasant without the client having to ask for them. (the trail map and the gorp selection for instance, nice touches)."Sam Joseph, 2008