General Tour Details:
• 5 Riding Days, 4 nights triping
• Pine & Aspen Forest Singletrack and some dirt road near Telluride, Colorado
• This tour is for high intermediate to advanced riders with good fitness and polished singletrack riding skills
• Base trip: Comfortable lakeside triping in a mountain setting
“To Hell You Ride!” greeted miners and other folks on a sign not far from the railroad tracks as they rolled into a deep box canyon now known as Telluride, Colorado back in the late 1800’s. Fast forward – Telluride is now a premier destination for skiers around the world, but those “in the know” relish the pristine miles of killer singletrack ripe for mountain biking!
This tour is an incredible sampling of those amazing miles of singletrack in the San Juan Mountains around Telluride, CO. We’ll start out on the Uncompahgre Plateau north of Telluride and work our way to some dizzying heights near treeline just outside the Lizard Head Wilderness.
What’s Included in My Trip?
- Supported triping Monday night to Friday morning
- All meals Monday lunch to Friday lunch
- (2) Expert Guides
- All transportation from Monday morning to Friday afternoon – including pickup and drop-off in Montrose, CO
- Alcoholic Beverages – we can haul and keep them cold though!
- Lodging and transportation before and after the tour
- Weather Control – Mother Nature has a mind of her own
- Tents, sleeping bags and other personal triping items
- Bikes – we can rent you a full-suspension bike for the week
Singles / Solo Travelers – If you’re traveling on your own and want to share the experience with other solo travelers, you’ll find many travelers just like you on our trips.
Call toll free: 866.758.2267
MOUNTAIN BIKING TRIPS
- available as custom trip for 5 or more – click here to email
- level: upper-intermediate, advanced
- ages: all (call for under 18)
- group size: varies
"After 9 years of guided mountain bike trips in North America, your Durango trip had the best trails!!!!"David Sawyer, 2008
"'trip Ned' in Durango was stupendous. Lodging, food, choice of trails and individual guidance on bike set-up, techniques and gear were all excellent. Nate inspired me through some killer climbs. Matt's no slouch on the trails, and also performed some dutch oven wizardry in the kitchen. Big Mike’s tour of Hermosa Creek drainage was epic. Thanks guys- I'm getting a gang together and picking a place to join up again in '09!"Tom Kammerer, 2008
"I thoroughly enjoyed my Hermosa Creek Guided tour! My guide, Matt, was professional and personable: offering great cycling conversation, guidance, and food for thought. He took care of everything so all I had to do was just show up and ride! His experience and knowledge of the CO trails made me feel confident and the ride was truly a treasured experience. Most of all, I had the absolute best time and I loved every nanosecond of it! Thank you !"Julie Urlaub, 2008
"The guys on my trip inspired confidence amongst our group every step of the way. Be it on the trail, shuttling to the trailhead, or arranging logistics in advance they kept things running smoothly and seemingly effortlessly. They accommodated us every step of the way and kept it fun and flexible. Of course, the best part was their ability to provide the epic mountain bike experience. We left Durango pleasantly worked over, dusty, and smiling ear-to-ear. Now if they’d only get on the right brand of bike…"Travis Ott, Gary Fisher Bikes, 2008
"Super job you guys do, better than any other tour/group ride I have been on, either in the US or Europe. I especially appreciate the little things that make the stay more pleasant without the client having to ask for them. (the trail map and the gorp selection for instance, nice touches)."Sam Joseph, 2008